(12 Nov) Share Fest @ Jurong Regional Library
Join us and hear from our speakers on their experiences on learning, sharing and working with communities.
About this event
Join us and hear from our speakers on their experiences on learning, sharing and working with communities. In this session, you’ll learn about:
- Growing a Ground-up Initiative Into a Movement
- Leadership in Action
- My Ukulele Journey with JRL as a Volunteer
- Good Enough Parents Are Good Enough
- Building a Creative Community
- Bringing History to the Modern People
*This session will be livestreamed on Zoom.
About the Speakers
- Dipa Swaminathan is a two time recipient of the President’s Volunteerism and Philanthropy Award (2017 and 2020), has been included in Tatler Asia’s 100 Most Influential in the Impact Space for 2020 and won many other accolades along the way. She manages a team of more than 1000 volunteers in addition to her day job as Assistant General Counsel of Singtel.
- Uttam Kripalani has over 60 years of experience in the Insurance Industry, having held executive positions in the United Kingdom, India and Singapore. Through his company, Galaxy Insurance Consultants Pte Ltd, he has worked for many years with the National Council of Social Service (NCSS) to develop some special schemes for Employee Benefits, Directors & Officers Liability and Professional Indemnity insurances for the Voluntary Welfare/Social Service Organisations.
- Before retiring, Josie Yow was working as an insurance agent. As a believer in lifelong learning, she was already actively attending courses on singing and line dancing even before retirement. She loves socializing – one of her favourite activities is catching up with her friends over kopi which may or may not involve gossip!
- Jenny Ng is a certified parenting coach, an accredited MSF Family Life Educator and a Wu Tao Dance Instructor. She has obtained a Master of Education in Family Education. She is passionate about sharing her personal growth journey as a conscious parent. As a coach, she helps parents to see alternative ways to enjoy parenthood, and builds deep connections with your children.
- Dr Savitha is a Senior Scientist and has been convening a kids reading club for kids. She is the author of several scientific publications and a book.
- Wilson Sim is a former news journalist and TV producer who is passionate about the history of Qing dynasty. He founded the Qing History Society in 2012, and later on the Qing History Book Club in 2015 for history enthusiasts who are also interested in the Chinese history
Date and time
Sat, November 12, 2022, 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM Singapore Standard Time Singapore Time
Jurong Regional Library -Level 1 Programme Zone 21 Jurong East Central 1 Singapore 609732 Singapore, 658713
The event is free. Register HERE.
Share Fest is organised by National Library Board.